LabWay is an intuitive and easy way to perform and monitor out-of-lab activities using a mobile application. LabWay enables the traveling phlebotomist and courier to collect and deliver samples, consumables, and packages from clients to the lab and vice versa. LabWay improves the phlebotomist’s time management, reduces the lab travel costs, and guides the phlebotomist as to the optimal type and amount of tubes. The laboratory can rely on accurate routes capturing, including timestamps for arrival and collection, which enables real time tracing of specimens.
LabWay displays the locations to be visited (clinics, patient service centers, nursing homes, and home pickup) on the route, sorted by distance from the current location and dynamically updates the pickup points in real time along the route when add-ons or deletions are performed. At a location, a list of all required collections is displayed, including information such as a patient’s phone number, room numbers, samples to collect, and collection instructions. Visits and collections are logged in real time at the lab, and can be tracked by lab personnel. This enables chain of custody tracking from collection through delivery, to be continued by LabOS until completion.
- Route optimization – travel plan display by type and distance
- Integrated with mobile navigation
- Accurate timestamping of arrival and departure per location
- Detailed patients list for each location
- Collection and handling instructions
- Mandatory patient positive identification
- Accurate collection – colored display of containers to be drawn
- Camera enabled scanning of sample barcodes
- Shipments log
- Visits log
- Android and iOS enabled